Building a Vibrant Network of Masorti Congregations Across Israel
The Masorti Movement assists activists in communities large and small to establish new kehillot (congregations) and helps nurture and strengthen the network of communities.
The Movement supports and grows Masorti kehillot by:
- Helping to fund congregations, including support for rabbis and community coordinators;
- Providing resources for ongoing activities to serve the individual needs of each kehillah;
- Training congregational leadership – rabbis, community coordinators and lay leadership;
- Extending special support for Masorti kehillot to cover increased costs during the High Holidays;
- Organizing egalitarian High Holiday prayer services in places where no permanent Masorti congregation exists;
- Offering technical support and consultation for congregations undertaking strategic planning, identifying each congregation’s greatest needs, and assisting in managing the challenges they face; and
- Establishing new congregations by consulting with congregational founders, directly employing coordinators, increasing initial support for the cost of establishing a kehillah, and linking lay leaders with local authorities, national and community organizations, and well-established kehillot that can serve as mentors for kehillah development.
Check out the gallery of photos from Masorti’s network of amazing, inclusive modern and traditional kehillot below.