The Seymour Cymet z”l New Kehila of Ramat Aviv is a modern, egalitarian, Conservative (Masorti) synagogue that was founded in the summer of 2012 by a group of 35 people with a shared vision of building a warm, friendly, welcoming spiritual home for modern Jews in Tel Aviv. Through their hard work we have already more than tripled in size as more and more people discover and recognize the unique and uplifting spirit of the community that they have built.
The Kehila’s activities include:
- Weekly Kabbalat Shabbat and Friday night services with lively and uplifting congregational singing.
- Weekly Community Potluck Shabbat Dinners every Friday night after services.
- Morning services every Shabbat and Festival.
- A Bar/Bat Mitzvah program that invests in children and elevates the celebration into an in-depth learning experience and a meaningful rite of passage.
- Regular classes in Torah, Mishna, Talmud, Jewish Thought and Jewish Culture.
- Holiday celebrations throughout the year, including the High Holy Days, Sukkot, Hanukka, Tu Bishvat, Purim, Passover, Lag B’omer, Shavuot and more.
- Spiritual guidance for all lifecycle and personal events.
- Social action and opportunities for volunteering and charitable giving throughout the year.